Saturday, December 12, 2009

The End

As Com 435 comes to a close, I can't lie, I'm a little bit happy.
I do feel I benefited a lot from the course, such as learning about really helpful technologies such as Google Docs (Which is quite awesome!)

But I won't lie, I'll be glad to get away from Twitter..I'm so ashamed that I had to activate it on my cell phone haha.

For my technology poster, I made a presentation for Sun Micorsystem's new music recommendation technology.

It is like Pandora, but better. It's completely computer animated and does the same work that takes a Pandora staff member 20 minutes to do in 3 minutes. The computer actually determines the genre and then the system gets information about the music from more credible sources (Music Reviews, blogs, etc) and cross references those to recommend music that you might actually like!

I never use Pandora because it usually recommends things I don't want to listen to. This site appears to be more accurate!

It was fun to learn about something that i might actually use! Plus I got to include a giant picture of John Mayer on my poster so I was a happy camper!

It's been a great semester.
I hope you've all enjoyed the song selections and were open to new types of music.

So here is the final one! This song just makes me happy. Plus the video is so awesome!
"Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYtk1ZOUUue
(If this link doesn't work, just go to YouTube and type in the song and artist. For some reason the copy and paste feature on my computer is acting up...)
Enjoy!
Rock on!
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment