Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime"

I consider myself to hold very high standards when it comes to music. That said, I don't believe that the holidays are justification for us to listen to bad music all season.

Don't get me wrong, I love one cheesy Christmas song after the next, and most of the classics are beautiful, I mean, come on, who can deny Bing Crosby?

But this is the time of year where I get excited to pull out some really good songs which I feel a little bit guilty listening to any other time of year.

One of my friends just introduced me to a new website Lala.com which has about any song you could ever think of.

I also enjoy searching Google to find my favorite artists' renditions of classics.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Coldplay
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLaughlin
"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" By Jack Johnson

Each song is classic but the gets a little bit of flare from the artist that covers it.

I love to find new, nontraditional Christmas music as well.

My favorite Christmas song is "All That I Want" by The Weepies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0EJbr0rFV4&feature=PlayList&p=3C7EDDA78EE64DDD&index=1

So check it out!
And join in on the Christmas caroling this year!
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment