Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lots of us procrastinate in different ways. I for one, will listen to music while I'm studying, and decided I would rather look up lyrics to songs than study anymore. A growing form of procrastination is in the form of gaming. Video games, computer games, board games, card games, you name it. Even if you don't have another person to play against, there are games that are designed for single players and even programs in which gamers can play against the computer.

Games have their positives and their negatives. Trivia can help you learn new things and card games can help your strategic skills. However, some games allow people to remove themselves from reality if they take it too seriously or can isolate people, hindering their social skills and limiting their amount of physical activity.

In my experience, the most popular video games of my college career have been RockBand and Guitar Hero. In these musically inclined video games, players simulate playing a musical instrument while playing rock hits.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty fun, not that I'm any good. I usually only do the singing component considering my hand eye coordination is somewhat lacking.

Rockband has a pretty impressive music collection and Beatles RockBand was a huge success. I don't play too often, but when I do, I usually stick to the same few songs.

I'm a big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Lover Boy", but my favorite to sing is a song by a band that I think is way underrated and all to often mistaken for a one hit wonder band.

Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" is my favorite song to play on RockBand because it's a great song...and coincidentally, it's my song recommendation for the week.

So give it a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OipmKFDeM

I would also like to take this time for a moment of silence, since considering about a month ago, Oasis announced their official break up. Can't the Irish brothers just get along? When they do, the music's great.

Rock On.
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment