Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gaga

I have never felt as popular as I have in the last two weeks.

Last Friday, the Purdue Student Concert Committee (SCC) announced that Lady Gaga with special guests KiD CuDi and Jason Derulo would be coming to Purdue on Thursday, January 14.

As vice president of SCC, I've know about the show for well over a month now. As SCC members, we are required to keep the show secret until we come to an agreement with the university, promoters, and press as to when to make an official announcement of a show to the public.

So I was shocked when I started to receive texts from friends a week or so prior to the announcement asking if Lady Gaga was coming to campus!

As the days approaching the announcement passed, I got more and more texts from people wanting to know if the rumors were true.

By the night before the announcement, I received a text message from a friend that "Lady Gaga had taken over the Facebook."

Sure enough I checked online and everyone and their mom was talking about Lady Gaga coming to Purdue....there was even a Facebook event created about the show.

It is crazy how the use of social media and text was able to spread the word about the show before it was even announced. Texts and the Internet make information so much more accessible.

If you're going to the show, tickets are on sale tomorrow at 10am!

I'm really excited for the show because it's gonna be so entertaining.
Even the support acts, KiD CuDi and Jason Derulo have big followings.

So this weeks song recommendation is actually the song "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap...let me explain.

Jason Derulo's single, "Whatcha Say" is actually a sample from this Imogen Heap song that came out a few years ago. I couldn't believe it when I heard the Derulo version, but I dig both.

So you can compare:

First Derulo-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI3lc18k8Q

Second Heap-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpSv2mNhhc

It's a really weird song, but you'll get past it...


Rock on!

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment