Thursday, November 19, 2009

Evolution of Sound

I've come to a simple realization. I hate Twitter.

Before I merely thought Twitter was just stupid, especially if you have an account on the Facebook in which you can update your statuses in an instant so your friends can know what you're doing at every second of everyday. . .

Kimmy likes "Say Yes to the Dress"
Kimmy is "at work"
Kimmy is "updating her facebook status."

I promise by facebook status updates are not this mundane nor frequent, and I must admit that I enjoy entering the more exciting or humorous aspects of my day to day scene on the facebook so my friends can make fun of me, but Twitter takes it to a whole other level.

Once I was forced by my Emerging Technologies class to 'Tweet' so to speak, I have come to the realization that not only do I think it's stupid....but I think it's ridiculous.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the for mate, I can follow people without their permission, and what's up with the 30 plus friends made me follow when I signed up? (One of which was John Legend...that one is okay!)

The only thing that I like about Twitter is that I can follow John Mayer and his witty, charming, and handsome tweets...(yes a tweet can be handsome!)

I was, however, impressed when I learned that I could type in a key word and find all the tweets including that word or phrase at my finger tips.

For example, I typed in "Battle Studies" which is John Mayer's new album released on Tuesday, and yield TONS of results!

Speaking of John Mayer's new album, I went to purchase the new album and received a free vinyl with the album! Thank God not all old technology is dead. The quality of vinyls is amazing. My rant at Twitter makes me want to rant about how much better sounding records are as opposed to MP3s, but that maybe saved for another day...

So check out "Who Says" off of the John Mayer's new album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWg6EzdX-04&feature=fvst

Boy, he's pretty!
Rock on!
Kimmy

P.S....Iroinically enough, John Mayer LOVES Twitter....we all have our flaws I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment